Our expertly trained dispatchers answer your 9-1-1 calls in times of emergency and send help, no matter the obstacles.
To help save lives, protect property and provide assistance to the public by receiving and processing 9-1-1 emergency calls and non-emergency calls; dispatching police, fire, and emergency medical service units in a prompt, efficient, courteous, and professional manner
The dedicated members of our team have been continually recognized for their service:
- ACPD/ECC Working Group received the 2018 County Managers Excellence Award
- ECTIII’s Debbie De La Fuente & Joan Delalian received the 2018 Valor Award from the Arlington County Chamber of Commerce.
- ECTIII Leah Schaeffer & ECTII Morgan Turned received the 2018 Life Saving Award from Arlington County Chamber of Commerce.
- ECTIII Mindy Seacrest received the 2018 Outstanding EMS Telecommunications Award from the Northern VA EMS Council.
- ECTIII April Olivera received the 2018 Crisis Intervention Team Award for Dispatcher of the Year.
Text-to-9-1-1 is intended for three emergency scenarios:
- An individual who is deaf, hard-of-hearing or has a speech disability;
- Someone who is in a situation where it is not safe to place a voice call to 9-1-1;
- A medical emergency that renders the person incapable of speech.
9-1-1 for Kids
Teach your kids how to call 9-1-1
We understand that calling 911 can be a scary or intimidating thought for some children. It is our goal to help educate them on how 911 works, and to remind them that it is OK to call when they have an emergency. We hope that these tools and games will help you teach your kids what we do, and how they can always rely on our dispatchers to help through emergencies.