The Arlington County Department of Technology Services is seeking a Customer Experience Lead Contractor for its One-Stop Arlington Program, through its Staff Augmentation Contracts. Responses due by COB, Friday, February 16, 2018.
The One-Stop Arlington program includes a series of projects and initiatives related to the implementation of a new enterprise-wide permitting application and the transformation of the County’s building and land development and permitting business processes. The initiatives included in the program seek to achieve integration and coordination of interdepartmental business processes and functions and break down institutional barriers as they relate to providing a core customer service function of the County. The program is one of the County’s major priorities. The program’s objectives are to:1) create online, streamlined, integrated, efficient development and permitting processes for developers, citizens and staff; and to 2) provide an excellent, “one-stop,” customer service experience for these customers.
Arlington County is looking for a Customer Experience Lead for the One-Stop Arlington Program, to:
- Lead development and management of process flow, concept of operations and design of physical and virtual customer service center to facilitate one-stop shop for all County building, land development and permitting activities
- Work closely with Digital Experience Lead to collaborate on integration of physical and virtual customer experience to ensure a fully integrated concept of operations
- Manage design and implementation of training programs for training staff and customers in the new permitting system, including development of training programs, system documentation, customer service protocols, FAQs and other informational content related to all job functions and onboarding of staff related to the One-Stop Arlington initiatives;
- Manage change-management activities through a multi-year project impacting employees involved in all building, land development and permitting functions, interdepartmentally across the County, including leading cross-departmental working groups to support a new work environment and develop and implement new policies and practices regarding technology, space usage and alternate work arrangement that support implementation of the One-Stop Arlington permitting initiatives and change to job function that arise from this implementation;
- The Customer Experience Lead is the primary focal point of the One-Stop Arlington program for managing change management related to provision of customer service and review for all building, land development and permitting functions. This individual has a broad understanding of existing and future customer service protocols and priorities.
- This individual is responsible for problem solving and decision making on complex issues related to physical configuration of space and coordinating closely on space configuration, with CHP renovation project team which is developing a future concept for customer service in the County; and related to standards of customer service for permitting, and training programs in the new permitting system
- Provide leadership and direction to 1) ensure that decisions are made and 2) to think creatively about how to ensure those decisions can be executed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Manage the work of One-Stop Arlington Program FTEs/Contractors conducting the following:
- Development of training protocols, programs and system user documentation
- Design of the needs of the physical customer service center
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as public administration, organizational development, technology, planning, or communications plus 3+ years of combined experience conducting public outreach, facilitating discussions on controversial topics and managing communications or change management activities
- Demonstrated success in managing people (either through direct supervision or on a project-level basis)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and superiors to build consensus and develop understanding
- Ability to:
- Facilitate and resolve conflicting issues
- Understand and interpret technology systems and operational functions to non-technical customers and vice versa
- Work independently and design a program to achieve objectives of the One-Stop Arlington Customer Experience program
- Convey enthusiasm for change to staff involved in business operations of permitting and land management
- Work well with a range of personalities and business functions
- Self-driven initiative to evaluate ideas and concepts and bring to fruition
- Functional knowledge of One-Stop Arlington program objectives, existing platforms related to permitting in Arlington County
- Knowledge of business practices related to Arlington County building, land development and permitting
- Experience transforming customer service delivery, including virtual (online) information and physical space
This effort falls under Category 4.6N Business Process Engineer. The initial engagement of this effort is one year.