- personal care, such as bathing, dressing, toileting
Services can be task-based or hourly services, up to 12 to 15 hours per week, as authorized by ADSD staff who use a standard assessment tool to determine services to be provided by home health aides. Most clients received three to six hours of services per week. Services are provided by vendors with County contracts.
|How to Apply|
- Staff in ADSD at x1700 takes the referral and determines if the client meets the criteria for the program.
NOTE: Clients are assigned to one of two vendors, based on the zip code where they live and/or by diagnosis, based on our contractual obligations per the contract with each vendor.
Process Once a Vendor is Assigned:
- Once the vendor receives the referral, their staff will visit the client at home to set up a plan of care for authorized services. This may be another opportunity for a joint visit, including the referring case manager and vendor?s staff.
703-228-1700 (main ADSD customer service line)
|Days/Hours of Operation|
Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm
- Virginia Uniform Assessment Instrument (UAI)
|Eligible Age Group(s)|
- be an adult living in Arlington in an independent living setting (i.e. home or apartment)
Generally, services are for people who can?t drive or leave their homes independently. The client may be assessed a fee for services, based on a sliding scale.
Arlington County Resident
Fee for services: The client may be asked to pay a fee for services based on income. The assessor will provide more details about the fee during the initial contact with the client.