Advocacy & legislative priorities
The State Liaison, Patricia Carroll, is part of the County Manager’s Office and serves as the primary advocate with the Virginia General Assembly, Governor’s Office, and state agencies. She welcomes your input into Arlington’s state priorities, and you can reach her by email or by calling 703-228-3101.
Read the most recent General Assembly Legislative Priorities, as approved by the Arlington County Board.
Each year, Arlington County’s delegation to the Virginia General Assembly holds a legislative hearing receive public comments on legislative and budget issues in preparation for the Virginia General Assembly session.
County staff provides virtually all state lobbying services. View the most recent lobbying expense report filed with the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Arlington County is a member of the following organizations, which advocate on behalf of local governments to the Commonwealth of Virginia:
- Virginia Association of Counties (VACO)
- Virginia Municipal League (VML)
- Virginia Transit Association (VTA)
- Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (MWCOG)
- National League of Cities (NLC)
- National Association of Counties (NACO)
- ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability