Advocacy & legislative priorities
Read the most recent General Assembly Legislative Priorities, as approved by the Arlington County Board:
- 2021 Legislative Priorities
- 2020 Legislative Priorities
- 2019 Legislative Priorities
- 2018 Legislative Priorities
Each year, Arlington County’s delegation to the Virginia General Assembly holds a legislative hearing receive public comments on legislative and budget issues in preparation for the Virginia General Assembly session.
County staff provides virtually all state lobbying services. View the most recent lobbying expense report filed with the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Arlington County is a member of the following organizations, which advocate on behalf of local governments to the Commonwealth of Virginia:
- Virginia Association of Counties (VACO)
- Virginia Municipal League (VML)
- Virginia Transit Association (VTA)
- Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (MWCOG)
- National League of Cities (NLC)
- National Association of Counties (NACO)
- ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability