Part of the County Manager’s Office, the Office of Communications and Public Engagement is responsible for enterprise-wide communications and civic engagement.
Our Communications team manages a number of channels for the enterprise, including:
- Newsroom | View media contacts
- Citizen newsletter
- Arlington Insider e-newsletter and other e-subscriptions
- County website
- Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Flickr
Arlington TV (ATV)
ATV is the visual communications channel for Arlington Virginia County Government. Watch ATV:
- Watch ATV live online
- Comcast Channels 25 & 74 | Verizon Channels 39 & 40
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Watch County meetings live on ATV, live online, or on-demand:
Beginning in 2012, we began building our organization’s capability for civic engagement. Today, we have incorporated many concepts into our day-to-day work, and continue to improve our engagement activities.
- Visit Engage Arlington — learn how you can help us with input and how you can get more involved with our community.
- Contact Roger Munter, Director of Public Engagement. Send Roger an email.
Constituent Services and Resident Ombudsman
The Constituent Services Team helps ensure Arlington’s government works. The team provides a link between residents, visitors and employees who have problems or are seeking information and solutions. Before contacting us, be sure to try two of our most popular — and useful — resources:
- A-Z Directory of Services — if you cannot find it here, be sure to let us know so we can add it.
- Online Make a Service Request / Report a Problem — also available as a mobile app for iOS and Android.
Constituent Services Team
- Brian Stout is the County’s Acting Resident Ombudsman and leads the Constituent Services Team. He facilitates constituent issues interfacing with the County Board and manages special projects. Send Brian an email.
- We also have a Business Ombudsman
- Ina Chandler is the County’s Freedom of Information (FOIA) Officer and assists with residents’ inquiries.
- Jo Ann Harrison is assistant to the County Manager and assists with residents’ inquiries.