Part of the County Manager’s Office, the Office of Communications and Public Engagement is responsible for enterprise-wide communications, civic engagement, constituent services, and the Resident Ombudsman.
Our Communications team manages a number of channels for the enterprise, including:
- Newsroom | View media contacts
- Citizen newsletter
- Arlington Insider e-newsletter and other e-subscriptions
- County website
- Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Flickr
Arlington TV (ATV)
ATV is the visual communications channel for Arlington Virginia County Government. Watch ATV:
- Watch ATV live online
- Comcast Channels 25 & 74 | Verizon Channels 39 & 40
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Watch County meetings live on ATV, live online, or on-demand:
Beginning in 2012, we began building our organization’s capability for civic engagement. Today, we have incorporated many concepts into our day-to-day work, and continue to improve our engagement activities.
- Visit Engage Arlington — learn how you can help us with input and how you can get more involved with our community.
- Contact Jennifer K. Smith, Director of Public Engagement. Send Jennifer an email.
Constituent Services and Resident Ombudsman
The Constituent Services Team helps ensure Arlington’s government works. The team provides a link between residents, visitors and employees who have problems or are seeking information and solutions. Before contacting us, be sure to try two of our most popular — and useful — resources:
- A-Z Directory of Services — if you cannot find it here, be sure to let us know so we can add it.
- Online Make a Service Request / Report a Problem — also available as a mobile app for iOS and Android.
Constituent Services Team
- Robert Sharpe is the County’s Resident Ombudsman and leads the Constituent Services Team. He facilitates constituent issues interfacing with the County Board and manages special projects. Send Robert an email.
- We also have a Business Ombudsman
- Ina Chandler is the County’s Freedom of Information (FOIA) Officer and assists with residents’ inquiries.
- Jo Ann Harrison is assistant to the County Manager and assists with residents’ inquiries.