The office is tasked with receiving, safeguarding and disbursing County funds.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I was sent a bill even though I sold my property/moved. What do I do?
- How can I get a decal for my car?
- When are my taxes due?
- Real Estate taxes: Change of address, due dates, etc.
- Vehicle (Personal Property) taxes: decals, due dates, etc.
- I just moved here with my dog. Does my dog need a license?
The Treasurer is elected by the voters of Arlington, and is tasked with receiving, safeguarding, and disbursing county funds in accord with the dictates of the local governing body. Organizationally, the Treasurer’s Office has three divisions (Accounting, Compliance, and Operations), plus the Administrative and Litigation Units.
- 2011 Government Finance Officers Association Award for Excellence (eGovernment & Technology category) — Recognized for the Assessment and Collection Enterprise (ACE) System, which streamlined the assessment and collection of several County receivables
- 2011 Public Technology Institute Excellence in Technology Award (Web & eGovernment category) — Recognized for ACE
- 2009 National Association of Counties Achievement Award — Recognized for the Reaching Out to Citizens initiative, which helps taxpayers avoid a late-payment situation with the Bill Payer Notification service, timely targeted communication and the Neighborhood Payment Program
- 2007-2008 Public Technology Institute Solutions Award (Telecommunications & Information Technology category) — Recognized for the Neighborhood Payment Program, which allows residents to pay their taxes and fees at various Arlington locations