New Planning Coordinator to Support Crystal City, Pentagon City and Potomac Yard
Arlington County has appointed Anthony Fusarelli Jr., a principal planner with the County’s Planning Division, as its new planning coordinator for the Crystal City, Pentagon City and Potomac Yard planning areas. In this newly created position, Fusarelli will manage the day-to-day planning, public outreach, development review and other related activities for the two metro station areas and the associated neighborhoods.
“The Planning Coordinator will be supported by other Planning Division staff and work with County departments to address planning and related issues. This position will play a significant role in the Division’s management team,” said Arlington County Planning Director, Bob Duffy. “We heard from the community that it was important to have a dedicated planning professional to work with, and with this appointment, we are making that commitment.”
Fusarelli will work closely with the area’s residents, civic associations, the Crystal City Business Improvement District (BID), developers, property and business owners, advisory commissions and other stakeholders to:
• coordinate the implementation of the Crystal City Sector Plan;
• coordinate planning efforts associated with the Pentagon City and Potomac Yard Phased Development Site Plans;
• assess future planning needs and prepare proposals for consideration;
• lead future urban design, planning, zoning studies;
• represent the Planning Division as part of interdepartmental teams responsible for transportation and public facility improvement projects; and
• prepare staff recommendations for consideration by the County Manager, County Board and Planning Commission.
Fusarelli has more than 12 years of experience in urban and regional planning. He has successfully led a number of community planning processes in Arlington County, including the development of the award-winning Crystal City Sector Plan, the North Quincy Street Plan Addendum, and the ongoing Rosslyn Sector Plan Update. He will continue to actively lead efforts to complete the Rosslyn Sector Plan Update. This process is expected to conclude by the spring. Concurrently, Fusarelli will begin transitioning to his new role starting in February. His contact is 703-228-3548 or Afusarelli@arlingtonva.us.
Past Spotlight Features
– Community Member Recognized for Planning Leadership (July 2014)