Arlington Community Corrections is a local probation office that offers misdemeanor offenders supervision, alternatives to incarceration, and monitoring of court-ordered special conditions. The office promotes offender accountability and affords individuals an opportunity to achieve a successful personal life.
- Provide supervision in lieu of incarceration.
- Help offenders recently released from incarceration readjust to life in the community.
- Counsel those experiencing their first involvement with the Criminal Justice System and those who are occasional repeat offenders.
- Make referrals to a wide variety of agencies based on special conditions imposed by the Court and the specific, individual needs of the offender.
Services We Provide
- 12-week Basic Addiction and Relapse Education Program (BARE). Offered to probationers as well as pretrial clients. Contact: Marie Fordham, 703-228-0123.
- 8-week Acculturation Program, Living in a New Land (LIANL) is offered to Spanish speaking probationers. This program helps people understand their “new local community.” Contact: Maria Baldelomar, 703-228-0125.
- In-house urinalysis.
- Language accommodation for Spanish-speaking clients. Hablamos Español.
- Referrals for attorneys and other agencies.
Community Service Referrals
- Offender Aid & Restoration (OAR)
- Sheriff’s Work Force
- Other locations possible with approval from the probation officer.
- Offender Education – Shoplifter Program
- Meets in the ACCU conference room on a scheduled basis.
- Can accommodate Spanish speaking offenders. Hablamos Español.
- Anger Management Providers in Northern Virginia | Printable Copy
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) Meetings
- All participants are required to sign a contract with their supervising officer prior to entry in the program.
- These programs are held at Court Square West, 1400 N. Uhle St. Suite 102, Arlington, VA 22201. (Directly across the street from the Arlington Court House)
- Meeting Attendance Form
You Can Be Successful
The key to a successful probation — besides adherence to the court order and communication — is accountability and the willingness to change.
- Be active, play sports
- Eat right
- Get help quitting addictions
- Be thankful for what you have
- Enjoy life
- Learn to forgive, be at peace