Arlington’s Business Ombudsman works in partnership with the business community to help resolve issues and identify improvements to County administrative processes.
|Help us make it easier to get a permit in Arlington! Complete a brief survey.|
Areas of Responsibility
- Coordinating with the BizTeam, an interdepartmental team that assists tenants and small businesses in navigating the permitting process and opening their doors for business.
- Championing goals of the BizTeam: improved customer service and increased efficiency and effectiveness of the permitting process.
- Leading process improvement efforts across multiple departments to also improve customer service.
News & Updates
- Improving permitting process: Help us make it easier to get a permit in Arlington! Complete a brief survey to help us make it easier, faster and simpler.
- All Hail the Business Ombudsman– Arlingtonian, Arlington Chamber of Commerce, Nov. 2014
- New process improvements make it simpler to do business in Arlington (Jan. 2015)
Arlington County Manager Barbara Donnellan created the Business Ombudsman role in March 2014 and appointed Assistant County Manager Shannon Flanagan-Watson to serve in the position. “Our goal is to increase Arlington’s economic competitiveness in the region and nationwide,” said Donnellan. “We are taking steps to become the premier place to do business.”
The ombudsman works out of the County Manager’s Office and reports directly to the Manager.